Monday, May 5, 2008

Spring migration - Central Park - May 3rd

Since May 2nd apparently spawned a dropout while I cooled my heels at work in Princeton, I went into Central Park for the morning of Saturday. Migrants were numerous and I reached my highest warbler species of the spring: 16

Migrant list:
Solitary Sandpiper
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Northern Flicker
Great Crested Flycatcher
Blue-headed Vireo
Barn Swallow
House Wren
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Veery
Hermit Thrush
Wood Thrush
Gray Catbird
Cedar Waxwing
Blue-winged Warbler
Nashville Warbler
Northern Parula
Yellow Warbler
Chestnut-sided Warbler
Black-throated Blue Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Black-throated Green Warbler
Prairie Warbler
Palm Warbler
Black-and-white Warbler
American Redstart
Worm-eating Warbler
Ovenbird
Northern Waterthrush
Common Yellowthroat
Eastern Towhee
Lincoln's Sparrow
Swamp Sparrow
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Baltimore Oriole

No comments: